Sunday 5 August 2007

Huhne and Chaplin


Sipping my Sunday morning cup of Darjeeling, I'm watching BBC News 24 Sunday, where Peter Sissons has just handed Chris Huhne an opportunity to endorse the continuing leadership of Ming Campbell: which he patently failed to take.

Asking him whether this was going to be a long summer of discontent for Ming Campbell, Chris sidestepped the question, saying that after our excellent by-election results the pressure is actually on David Cameron. No mention of Ming in his reply.

The next article on the programme is about Charlie Chaplin, with the lovely Richard Briers. I've never been a fan of the silent movie stars, but maybe I'll have to take another look.
Next up is Tory MP Chris Grayling, who at least proves that being follicly challenged is no bar to progress in politics. When Chris Grayling is asked whether David Cameron is struggling as Tory leader, unlike our Chris he launches into a defense of his leader.

And finally, before I venture out nto this glorious sunshine, this blog has been ranked 23rd= among Lib Dem blogs: I'm sandwiched between Duncan Borrowman, Lynne Featherstone MP and Chris Keating. I feel like Reading FC, playing with the big boys!

No comments: