Friday 15 June 2007

A sad passing

At last week's meeting of the North Riverside Residents' Association, I sat next to Terry Percival, a deacon in the Traditional Anglican Church (a breakaway from the C of E). He barely stopped laughing and chuckling throughout the meeting - a really infectious character who worked hard in the local community, held church services in the Havelock Centre and was well loved and respected. I only met him once, but took to him immediately.
Then, on Thursday morning, when I went along to the over-60s club at the Havelock Centre, I discovered that Terry had just died from a heart attack. He was only a couple of years older than me and his sudden death has come as a shock to local people. His funeral is at 11.15 on Wednesday at Darlington Crematorium.
Added on Tuesday, June 19th: there is a nice article about Terry in the Echo

No comments: