Tuesday 16 September 2008

Coffee in Darlington - and the world


A couple of months ago I blogged about Caffe Nero flouting planning regulations when it opened its new shop on Horsemarket. Well, someone has just left a comment on that post, and you'll all miss it because who's going to scroll back two months just in case someone else has posted something? The comment was from Annabel Townsend, and she's got a blog called "Doctor Coffee".


Always keen to publicise other Darlington blogs, I shall add "Doctor Coffee" to my links on the right. This blog is written by a young Sheffield Uni Doctoral student from Darlington. She writes (at great length) about everything you could possibly want to know, and plenty you didn't know you wanted to know, about coffee, barristas and fishnets.


Bel also blogs about food. One of her posts makes the same point that I have made several times in Council and elsewhere about the lack of commercial waste recycling in Darlington. And here she is blogging about supermarkets and the market in Darlington. It's all good stuff, but give yourself a good chunk of time to read it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! Thank you very much!! Yeah, ok, I tend to suffer from verbal diarrhea... a hazard of the job methinks (and of the caffeine). Fame at last! I shall bask in it...
Coffee's on me if you ever darken the doors of Nero!

Mike said...

As I like both coffee and food, I've added both blogs to the 'Darlington Links' on Bike Darlington and to my Reader. Darlington's getting quite the blog community!

Mike said...

"Well, someone has just left a comment on that post, and you'll all miss it because who's going to scroll back two months just in case someone else has posted something?"

I'm going to try to sort out a 'recent comments' thingy for the sidebar of Bike Darlington. I'll let you know if I sort something out.